It was a pretty good week this week. Nothing exceptional stood out. I did get an online bargain on Organic Maple Syrup at Vitacost.com. I normally buy Maple Syrup at Kroger and pay $6.59 for 8 ozs. We eat pancakes several morning a week at our house so I buy a bottle of syrup about every 2 weeks. I found a 32oz container of Pure Maple Syrup for $14.30 using an online coupon and free shipping. That comes out to be $3.57/8 ozs. Almost half of what I have been paying! I was happy to place the order and we will see how it all turns out! If you want to try Vitacost, you can get a free $10 credit when you sign up using my referral link – just click here to use it. And just to be honest, I will also get $10 when you sign up that I will probably use to buy more maple syrup!! (they also have a variety of vitamins and organic food available)
I also had 2 coupons for free 12 packs of Coke that I used this week. If you haven’t signed up for mycokerewards.com, you should do it. I enter the points that we get off of 12 packs and plastic bottle caps and then turn in the points for rewards such as the coupons for free 12 packs. They also have free tickets to movie theaters and free magazine subscriptions, among other things. Give it a try and see how fast your points add up!
Total Spent: $117.39
Total Value: $164.92
Total Saved: $47.53
*Plus $4 in Kroger Catalinas to spend next time I shop that is not reflected in these totals
Out to Dinner for my birthday (not sure where yet!)
Sweet & Sour Chicken
Famous Potato Bacon Soup
Here is this week’s recipe:
I will make 2 of these casseroles in 8×8 pans and freeze one for another night. Quick and easy!
1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti, broken into pieces
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons sherry (I omit)
1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained (I use fresh if I have them)
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring, until smooth. Remove from heat, and gradually stir in chicken broth and cream.
4. Return to heat, and bring to a low boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add sherry, then stir in cooked spaghetti, mushrooms, and chicken. Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish, and top with Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly and lightly browned.