Ok, since we live in the South we don’t get much snow. So, if even one snowflake falls, my kids go crazy and want to get out the sled and begin making plans for building a snowman. It is crazy! They were so sure that school would be called off today since we got some snow flurries yesterday. Well, they are at school and I am making plans to surprise them with Monkey Bread when they get off the bus today. We have a tradition in our house that if snow falls, I will make Monkey Bread. I am not sure how this whole thing started since it is not hard to make Monkey Brad. Somehow my kids have determined that Monkey Bread can only be made if we have snow. Here is the recipe, it is easy and the kids gobble it up – not exactly health food but at least we only get snow a few times a year.
1 can of refrigerated biscuits
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp. cinnamon
2 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Melt the butter in a glass pie pan. Mix the brown sugar with the melted butter.
- Slice uncooked biscuits into quarters.
- Dip the biscuits into the cinnamon/sugar mixture, then place biscuits into the pie pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until biscuits are done.
- Invert onto a plate before serving so all the sugary goodness drips down between the biscuits. Yum!