Today was a great grocery shopping day! Here are my grocery totals for this week. This includes Kroger, Publix and Target. I stocked up on chicken at Kroger and got a couple of steaks at Target. Publix has a coupon for $10 off a $50 gas card when you spend $25 in groceries so I did that three times today – $30 in free gas! The gas gift card purchases and savings are not reflected in my totals since that comes from a different envelope!
Total Spent: $134.99
Total Value: $241.87
Total Saved: $106.88
Here is my dinner menu for the week:
Mom’s Night Off (yeah!!)
Rachel Ray’s Cashew Chicken Steamed Rice
Chicken Parmesan Spaghetti
Unbelievable Grilled Chicken Corn on the Cob Baked Beans
Pancakes & Sausage
The kids and I are leaving to visit family, so the menu is short this week. Enjoy!
Here is a recipe from my menu:
Unbelievable Chicken Marinade
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- ½ tablespoon apple juice
- 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- ground black pepper and salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- In a large glass bowl, mix the cider vinegar, mustard, garlic, honey, lemon juice, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil. Place chicken in the mixture. Cover, and marinate 8 hours, or overnight (I typically only marniate for a few hours at most).
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Place chicken on the prepared grill, and cook 6 to 8 minutes per side, until juices run clear. Discard marinade.